velocityphoto

Broken cameye?

*sometimes* you can insert a small screw into the hole, and thread it into the hollow of the TRS plug that's stuck. If the tongue on the camera connector is jammed against the tip or rings of the plug, this may not work for you.

Any ideas on getting the broken piece from the camera?

Sledgehammer.....:P

Ok, OK, you might try a mirco drill bit and "tap" it or a mirco drop of super glue on the tip of (what ever) and then pull it out.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Ive had succes pulling a broken-off mini-jack out of a friends soundcard by using a drop of superglue on a thick needle we stuck into the hole, against the broken off plug.

It took about 2 days to get it out, as it took about 6 attempts, and every time we had to wait for the glue to set/harden..:S

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

not sure how easy it is to open the case of
a Pc 120..

but i had success a few years ago with my VX 1000,,, you'll need a tiny tiny phillips screwdriver,,,pull the casing screws.. have a magnet on hand to help keep track of them... seperate the casing very gently as there could be conductive 'tape wiring' going from one place to another... these tapes CAN be carefully disconnected and then reconnected,, where they attach to PC boards and other components... (only disconnect one end,, and if possible disconnect nothing,,,unless it's necessary )
If you can get behind the area of the Lanc port.... either pull the pin through,, or push it back out.

re assemble..... hope that you don't have tooooo many screws left over..:SB|;)
Super glue could hang up inside the port and make re-insertion of a new pin,,, difficult...or could inadvertantly 'clog' the port...
good luck

jmy from rochester

Super glue could hang up inside the port and make re-insertion of a new pin,,, difficult...or could inadvertantly 'clog' the port...

What we did (slighly larger plug though) is put one drop on the metal pin you're inserting into the port. Then let that little drop of glue dry first, and when its nearly hardened, insert it into the port.

Just 'filling up' the port with glue will most definately f*k it upB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I've openned a PC120bt case a bunch of times. The only thing it will allow you to do is insert a needle from the back side pushing the pin out. Its a pain in the butt, but can be done. You pretty much have to take apart the whole camera to get to the lanc, video mic module. Oh and that flash charge cap sent me across the room once, be careful. I would place a long strip of masking tape on your clean workarea and describe where each set of screw comes from.

Like stated it comes apart in halves. Some significant notes I can remember. You have to disconnect the lcd module from the access point underneath the battery, just pull. There are about 5 FPC connectors that need to be disconnected from the controller PCB. They pretty much fall back into place when u need to reconnect. they are taped together, you can just pull that off for the time being. the Bluetooth antenna white cable just pulls off. Carefully fish it through as to not get shocked by the flash cap. these are the main details I can remember...
HYPOXIC