roscoep

Opinions on best helmet for Sony HC3

recently purchased a Sony HC3. I had entertained putting it onto my N Vertigo X helmet but have veered away from that. Mostly going to use it for filming freeflying but steadily improve towards tandems etc... Any thoughts out there from different people on what you're using??
thanks

I bought a Tonfly Diablo with a top mount cam box. It’s very comfortable and weighs only 1.6 kg with my HC5 (3.5 lbs). I chose all of the available options for this helmet, Tonfly mounted everything for me before they shipped it (CamEyeII, Newton ring sight and the box).
The cut system is very simple and reliable even when loaded very high.

Tonfly
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Hi JohnBoy

It's hollow aluminium tubing shaped on a pipe-bender. Ends are secured with a self-tapping bolt from inside the helmet - once tightened the tubes are strong and rigid.

All of the camers's gizmo's can be accessed - the tape can be loaded / unloaded without any problem. Battery change does require removal of the camera but as you know (if you have a top mounted HC3) there isn't much to be done about that!

Regards

RedKite