DSE

Where to find N3 connector?

B&H is closed for the high holidays, Ritz can't get one to me before Sat.
I sucked it up and paid the overnight and full retail from Pictureline. Sucks that I'm just gonna take it and cut off the cable, but had hoped to find just the N3 connector. The upside is that I can build a quick-connect so that I can continue to use my 400d as well, I guess. Hmmm....there's a thought, one cam with a 15mm and one with a 55.:D

The upside is that I can build a quick-connect

That is how I have mine set up too, it is very handy for other uses outside of jumping and I have the remote wired so I can use it on the tripod and stand away for shots where I need to be a few feet away.

When you have the time it might be worth the time to fix the old one for a spare.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I dont' have the trigger for the old one, but will have the useless trigger from the new cable. I suppose I can put a male 2.5mm on the trigger to fit the female 2.5mm on the connector end, and then use a long 2.5mm male/female cable if I need ground remote at length. But if I need ground remote at length, i'll likely just buy the wireless remote anyway.
75.00 for a remote connector is insane. Add the 40.00 Conceptus, and you've got one very expensive remote.[:/]

i'll likely just buy the wireless remote anyway

Yes but sometimes (in my field) you can aim the infer-red at the cam, or I should say the cam can't see it.

I'm using RCA's over 2.5's, but same deal, as you know.

75.00 for a remote connector is insane. Add the 40.00 Conceptus, and you've got one very expensive remote

Well I have been using the same blow switch for damn like 8 years now and I'm still using the same N3 for 4 or 5 yrs now. You need to take better care of your equipment dude......:P Not to say I haven't had to rewire or fix a short once and a while, I have been known to travel with an iron.:)

Anyway have fun cutting up your 75.00 dollar remote trigger.:S
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

yeah, i'd found that one too, but the idea of pouring hot glue and WD 40 into the remote connector of my 40D doesn't excite me. I did appreciate his wiring diagram at the bottom though, it saved me a few minutes in the process of soldering cables.
It seems silly that the connector itself can't be purchased without going through Canon's service center, or a Canon-authorized service center.

75.00 for a remote connector is insane. Add the 40.00 Conceptus, and you've got one very expensive remote.[:/]

Why not just pay $65 for the tongue switch with an N3 plug from paragear?

I have one I use with my 20D and it has been working fine, I did have to replace the heat shrink on the switch once already, but once you do that you realize how simple these things are to make.

A-Paragear is out of the switch, so is Conceptus.
B-I'd like to be able to continue to use my current tongue switch, for either of the cameras I've got.
With a 2.5mm female connector on the N3, it's a fast switch-out for the 40D or the 400D.
It would be better if Canon had a single standard though.