Lexifir

Sports and Video Cameras

I have been looking at some cameras recently as a replacement for my Sony PC1000e as I can hear the motors getting 'tired'
I like this camera because of the slim design and the 3CMOS which gives a nice sharp image......

I haven't yet had the opportunity to play with an HD camera in the air... but have had a look at a few of the cameras available (usually too large for my current helmet)

Then a strange though occurred.... I think I would rather have a camera capable of going higher than 25fps (PAL) or 29.97 (NTSC) frame rate..... especially as I do a lot of video work and slow some sequences down... (reason being when you slow footage down it looks quite poor)

It seems that this consumer end of the market has been unexplored by many companies, although there was one that had a higher frame rate, but a lower resolution...

Post your thoughts below.... Would you like to see cameras with higher frame rates (mostly for video work), cameras with higher resolution (HD etc) or perhaps something else I have missed....

Oh and if anyone DOES know of a camera with a standard resolution that has a higher frame rate (and isn't too large to use as a side mounted camera) please could they post a link or the cameras make and model, as I would love to see it....

Many thanks in advance