mkb0909

Requiring B license applicants to fly their canopy with their eyes closed for 15 seconds (5 flares, approx 3 seconds each)?

One more thing HP landings require a little different pattern. depending on what kind of turn and if its a left or right hand turn. Uspa last year or the year before required uspa DZs to have a separate landing area for HP landings.B| Just wanted to add that.

Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

you cant point out just experienced jumpers doing this. For the most part its newer jumpers wanting to get on the next load

Wrong. I've seen several experienced jumpers doing this.

You are in charge of getting yourself down safely.

No kidding. And it would help if others would get a clue on how to fly their canopies in traffic.

You already need to do accuracy jumps for B and C nothing new there

Yes, but I'm asking for a little more.

Part of the CC proficiency requirements for advanced USPA licenses should include landing on a predetermined target after flying a pattern with distinct downwind, base and final legs and 90 deg (+/- 10 deg) turns ... straight in with no sashaying or s-turns.

Again, there are too many people who can't do that.

Part of the CC proficiency requirements for advanced USPA licenses should include landing on a predetermined target after flying a pattern with distinct downwind, base and final legs and 90 deg (+/- 10 deg) turns ... straight in with no sashaying or s-turns.

Seems like a good idea to require it in the progression some where then!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

you cant point out just experienced jumpers doing this. For the most part its newer jumpers wanting to get on the next load

Wrong. I've seen several experienced jumpers doing this.
again not disagreeing just stating

You are in charge of getting yourself down safely.

No kidding. And it would help if others would get a clue on how to fly their canopies in traffic. Its the job of the insturctors at the DZ you jump at to handle that

You already need to do accuracy jumps for B and C nothing new there

Yes, but I'm asking for a little more. USPA just gave you more

and again uspa is addressing this matter

Good luck
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

It's another sign of our dysfunctional culture (there's that word again) that such self-controlled flight is not held in higher esteem by many jumpers

The coolest landing I've seen all year...

Wasn't a swooper at the DZ or on video somewhere. It was a young guy just off student status who walked out into the landing area, talked out his landing pattern, altitude checkpoints and intended target. He then got on a load, jumped and flew his canopy almost exactly the way he planned and landed almost exactly where he intended. Downwind, base, final ... just about perfect. And after he landed, he reviewed what he had done in the pattern and on his landing to try and see if he could make any improvements.

Not sure how many jumps he had at the time, but looking back, it really was the most impressive thing I've seen all year because of his planning, execution and review.

Seems like a good idea to require it in the progression some where then!

Indeed, part of what I said already is. But there are no specific requirement for straight legs and 90 deg turns. If someone wants to fly their canopy like they're the only one in the pattern, they can count a landing even if they are flying all over the place to get to the target.