DSE

Tipping a TI?

Do any of you tip a TI if he makes a special effort to make the skydive more fun, great faces, etc?
We've got one guy that busts his ass to really make the video/photos great and today I received a whopping tip from a gentleman that was his student. The gentleman may have tipped the TI too, I dunno. But in any event, I don't want to be out of the "norm" by tipping the TI. I do prefer jumping with this particular guy for this specific reason.

I've worked as both a TI and a camera flyer, in either position, If I am given a tip by a customer, I always ask the camera flyer or TI if the customer tipped them, if they did not I give them half the tip I was given. The TI and the camera flyer both worked to make that a good experience for the customer, they both deserve a share in the gratitude rendered by the customer.

It is nice when you have a TI who puts the extra effort in to helping make the video and stills something the customer will enjoy.

At the DZ where I work, anytime either the camera flyer or the TI get tipped we always split it, if we both get hooked up, we still check with each other and make sure the love was spread around, and I usually give part of my tips to the editor, or sometimes the loader. It is not a policy or anything like that, just something the team does for one another...

We are all in it together…
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…