tetra316

What kind of camera wingsuit to get?

I haven't decided but am considering a two piece. But can't decided if I should get booties or no. I have very few camera jumps and on all of them have jumped a borrowed one piece with booties. What is good/bad about one piece vs two piece and booties vs no?

I love my 2 piece set up from Tony suits. I have a "C" wing camera jacket, a big way top with swoop cords, freefly pants, and RW pants with booties. I can wear whatever combo I need for the jump I'm on. I usually use the camera jacket with the freefly pants but if I'm with a faster group I wear the RW pants instead. Tony doesn't list RW pants on the website last I checked, you have to tell them what you want and he'll make it. I started with the regular freefly pants and added 1 1/2" leg grips and vented megabooties to make RW pantts. He also said to draw pictures if you want something real different. A one piece camera suit and a one piece RW suit would probably be cheaper than my seperate pieces because of the material I chose. Booties are great for RW jumps but not real neccessary for video only jumps where you are stationary most of the time.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I used to use a opne piece booty camera suit and I liked it a lot then I got my firefly two piece suit with c wings and I love it. I still get plenty of drive power and slide power from the free fly pants and the c wings offer great versatility since they are kind of small in the belly down possition but when back or sit flying they have much more drag. As for one vs two piece I agree that the two piece is awsome for me since I go back and forth between tandems aff and video through out the day and it is much better than taken off the whole suit. Also my wings are sewn down so I never have to worry about connecting shit which is nice. Good luck with your decision

I jump with and without booties, but mostly without. This in itself is a good reason to go two-piece (get both pants). IMHO booties are only mildly helpful for RW and tailgate jumps. I hate them for tandems. I video tandems on my belly, and there is just too much drag on my legs to get in a good body position for shooting horizontally or looking slightly upwards. Without booties I can also get the entire opening by simply looking up (without flipping on my back). I think this is much smoother, safer, and quicker to recover from. Doing video, you also don't usually have to track very far (if at all).

With two-piece, you also have the option of going in just shorts with the wing jacket for very fast fallers or very hot days.

you freefly a lot dont you? i have firefly's camera freefly suit and love the versatility and construction. they make a 2 piece option which i would have bought in retrospect. i have used it for us national 4 way, 8 way, multi plane big way, tandem, etc... i would not get booties personally.

you freefly a lot dont you? i have firefly's camera freefly suit and love the versatility and construction. they make a 2 piece option which i would have bought in retrospect. i have used it for us national 4 way, 8 way, multi plane big way, tandem, etc... i would not get booties personally.

I try :P Can you fly on your belly with a camera freefly suit? I think it would take me quite a while to become comfortable enough backflying with tandems.

Can you fly on your belly with a camera freefly suit?

Well duh. BTW you can fly on your belly in any suit :P

I love my 2 camera suits, one has tigher pants, the other one has high drag "old skool" freefly pantz. I only fly belly, can't backfly good enough yet. I definately do not want/need booties on my camera suits :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

You can, but you might not want to. If you video tandems on your belly, you really want to get a little lower than the tandem looking up to get a good face shot (even more so with Vector rigs). I find that freefly pants put way too much drag on my legs to make it easy to film in this position. They want to pull your legs up and put you slightly head down.

You can, but you might not want to. If you video tandems on your belly, you really want to get a little lower than the tandem looking up to get a good face shot (even more so with Vector rigs). I find that freefly pants put way too much drag on my legs to make it easy to film in this position. They want to pull your legs up and put you slightly head down.

What about the wings. I know they make different styles, freefly vs belly. Can you backfly with a traditional suit (w/o booties) and vice versa. I've heard the wings on a freefly suit are sewn to high on the front of the arms to be effective on your belly.

It's the other way round, they're sewn high to be effective in a sit/backfly too. I wouldn't get any other kind myself.

Check the 2nd post here for some pics of freefly-style suits (with not so much drag though) like that:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2733885;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

ciel bleu,
Saskia

What about the wings. I know they make different styles, freefly vs belly. Can you backfly with a traditional suit (w/o booties) and vice versa. I've heard the wings on a freefly suit are sewn to high on the front of the arms to be effective on your belly.

i disagree with the statement about the drag pictching you forward. first off, the one you shoose based on your size would have minimal drag. the second thing is this camera suit is awesome for using the wings to prop you up while pushing a little forward with the legs to keep you in place.

i fly mostly on my belly with some back flying since ive gotton better at it. great all around suit and absolutely flawless manufacturing. it has held up without a single repair for over 500 camera jumps already.