cheth

Whats a fair price for a PC-1

On Ebay they have been going for $50-75. The Batteries are no longer produced for them and chargers are $10-25 on ebay. Anything over $100 is overpriced since you can get a HC used for $100-150 and its a lot newer and you can walk to walmart and buy batteries for them.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

So your saying that you can NOT buy new batteries for a sony PC-1? I find that amazing as have been buying electronics for 30 years and can buy batteries for things that are 20 years old and have not been produced in 15!! I haven't watched ebay in a long time but $50-75 for a mini DV camera in excellent condition? WOW I guess I don't feel as bad loosing mine in Elsinore last winter.

This camera has extra batteries and has never been jumped.

Thanks

Sony PC-1 Batteries just in case anyone needs some....B|

http://www.ebatts.com/sony_dcr-pc1_camcorder_accessories.aspx
http://www.priorityelectronics.com/sony/np-fs22.htm
http://www.batterystandard.com/products/camcorder/Sony/DCR-PC1.html

There are aftermarket batteries but not genuine Sony's anymore. The PC1 came before the chipping of batteries but in later models Sony introduced chips for their "Infolithium" portion of the battery that checked to make sure it was "Genuine" and if it wasn't the camera would not power up. My TRV19 rejected one of my aftermarkets and a PC109 I was jumping rejected a different battery.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

So I shouldn't allow the unavailability of an OEM battery make my decision then. If the PC1 (which I had and loved) doesn't look for the chip then I am ok as far as batteries go.

I shot at least 50 tandem videos with the pc-1 and I dont recall ever being dissapointed with the video as long as I had munched the right buttons prior to exit.
I liked the functionality of the PC series, the buttons etc... The PC I thought I remembered a "fader" button that chose the last fader you used..I didn
't notice that feature on the HC-32 but I could be wrong...

as far as picture stabilization and quality I am "guessing" they're close to comparable?

No doubt this will be side mounted as I have some L brackets around as well as a box for a HC...

Thanks
Chet

I have several boxes and roll cages for the pc-1, a clam shell and 2 roll cages from tom sanders ariel focus .
If you want to mount it right ?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

There are aftermarket batteries but not genuine Sony's anymore. The PC1 came before the chipping of batteries but in later models Sony introduced chips for their "Infolithium" portion of the battery that checked to make sure it was "Genuine" and if it wasn't the camera would not power up. My TRV19 rejected one of my aftermarkets and a PC109 I was jumping rejected a different battery.

All made in China. The only difference is that label. I have bought after market battery for HC32E, better than the original.