piisfish

How to watermark a video ?

Kinda depends on what software he is using....
On Premiere Pro...simply create a title thats the rights size for what he wants or import a predesigned title into the project .
The title (his watermark) ... place it on the empty track above his video and make it the same length as his video track by dragging the the edge to match the end of his video.
(ie His video in track 1 and the watermark in track 2) and then simply adjust the opacity of the watermark track to approx 30-40% so its visible but subtle...

In other editing suites its the same kinda thing...add it to a separate track and adjust the opacity..

Fade in and out as required....

Windows Movie Maker can do it quickly ... "add title on the selected clip" ... and choose the "Subtitle" style. It places the watermark kinda far from the bottom which I found annoying until I realized that it places it in a good spot for videos shown on a regular TV... too close to the edges and they get cut off.

Anyway, if he's interested, skydivingmovies.com is open for uploading, at least temporarily (until the new hard drive is installed).

Dave

I create a photoshop file with the size of a TV resolution write the watermark and erase the background (checkers screen) to create the transparency also make the logo transparent to 15% or less and superimpose in the video using imovie.

Don't see the need to use finalcut for something this simple and is only for web use.

There is a plug in called "slick" to be use with imove for this effect and alot more just drag and drop.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

just add a new video track over the existing one, write down whatever you want in it (depends of which software you're using) and then adjust the opacity.

cheers
--------------------------------------------------
I never used 2 rocks to start a fire ... this is called evolution !