freefalljason

Compatability between 300D and 400D XTi

I am looking to upgrade my original digi rebel to the new 400D XTi. I was wondering how compatible they are. I don't think they use the same battery but I think it will use the same remote (I have a Conceptus stereo).

I am using a Lexar Pro 40x 1gb CF card now. Is it fast enough to keep from slowing down the camera or do I need to go to a faster card? I am not too concerned about capacity since I have a stand alone burner that I use practically after every jump and keep the card clean.

I have a support under my kit lens now. Will the space between the lens and the helmet be the same on the 400D?

Thanks,

Jason

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7303

The Lexar x40 1gig appears a fair way down this list (based on its speed in a 20D).

Given the low prices of cards on e-bay/amazon these days maybe consider upgrading – or at least see if you can try a friends card which appears higher in the list and see if you get a noticeable difference which would be enough to you to justify upgrading.

take note most of the san disk cards on ebay are fake, i learned the hard way with a 4 gig card. i did get a refund but it took some effort...

http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-SanDisk-Ultra-Compact-Flash-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001235396