demoss99

Body positions for filming tandems

I am no vidiot, nor do I pretend to be one. I just have a simple question for those that film tandems on their back (with their feet out toward the subject).

How do you get into that position in the proper slot? Do you launch normally presenting your chest to the relative wind and then transition to your seat or do you launch straight into that position and maneuver from there?

This is really just for my own information because I'm curious. I'm sure different people do it differently but I'd like to hear from those who employ this method.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

I'm way too heavy to fly that position on most tandems/AFFs (I weigh 225#) but I do sit fly -- then back fly at deployment. I simply lean back from belly to sit -- then lean farther back to back - and finally either roll over or continue to flip back on belly for my deployment.

steveOrino

I climb out on the strut of the Porter and hang there by one or two arms. The TI gives me a ready, set, go and i drop off and back fly the exit. Depending on whether he's doing a flip on exit or just goig out poised i try to go big and get up on him as he releases the drouge, then i transition to my belly and drop back on his level. I film most of the skydive on my belly until he waves off then i transition to my back for the opening. I've been doing a few practice jumps with other people and i want to pay my way onto a few tandems as soon as i hae some cash so i can practice filming on my back for other parts of the skydive.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I start belly 90% of the time.
Then in front of the TM (if there are no issues) I pull up my knees and go to my back. Sometimes gracefull sometimes NOT. Some TM don't like it if I slide under them for a sec or 2, but I always get out of the way ASAP!!!

Stay Safe, Have Fun,

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

I exit headdown and transition to back/feet as the drogue is set. In small doors i exit hanging kind of sidways from the back of the door frame. Big doors with bar, front float. Cessna with a strut hanging underneath strut with my back to the wind.