freefallcrab

WHat is similar to a PC9

I have a Sony PC9 and the Firewire out port is fried. Again. This happened a couple of years ago and cost 200GBP to fix. Can any of you PC5/7 owners tell me if the other PC series cameras are similar to the PC9 - they pop up on e-bay from time to time and it woud be useful to have a spare camera. Do these cameras have LANC (for cam-eye) and are they the same size as the PC9 (so it would fit my roll cage). I think all these cameras use the same battery but I stand to be corrected.

Use your wings Johnny....

No they dont all use the same batteries, and they are getting hard to find. I have owned a PC5, 101 and 109 models that all fit in the same box. My 109 is still pretty new and I am already having problems with it. Looks like a change is on the horizon, so I will have to by 2 new boses, thinking of going with a camera condom and L-bracket to save $$$.

-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Well... I used to have a PC9 until it got stolen. The PC101 is essentially the same camera and the PC105 is real close too. All use the same M series batteries and are roughly the same size. I use a couple of 105's at the moment and they work fine.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

I think the PC8E is the euro version and so presumably PAL - I will check with the vendor. Check this out - a PC9 has just gone for over 1300 GBP!!! Something dodgy there I think. 9s have been selling recently for around the 300 pound mark and I think even that is a bit steep for a discontinued camera. Why would someone pay over a grand :o

Use your wings Johnny....

I think the PC8E is the euro version and so presumably PAL - I will check with the vendor.

Fair enough. It's just an automatic thought that when something is sold in a PAL country that their item most likely is of that same flavor.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon