Vectracide

Looking for anyone that uses a Nikon 2DX and a mouth switch..

I shoot ariel photography for a guy that shoots stock photo stuff and he uses a Nikon 2DX. We have had no luck wiring up a mouth switch to the Nikon plug. It either fires constantly by itself, or doesn't work at all. We had a guy that said he knew how to do it, so he sent it to him. This guy wired it up and tested it on a Nikon 2D and it worked great. Unfortunately, the same wiring doesn't work with the. A big thanks to the guy that helped us out and did that work for free...you rock.

Now when we pulled apart the wired hand remote, there were 2 small mini-switches that utilized only 3 wires, one being shared between the 2 switches. This tells me that any of the conceptus switches will not work as they are a single pole system, and that I need a double pole system. Know of one that will do this?

Anyone shoot this camera with a mouth switch?

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

D2X=class
jumping with a D2X=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hahahah.....yeah, it sounds crazy eh? There's no way I would put it on my helmet if it was mine.....unless the pic was going to be a one in a lifetime shot opportunity. :P

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

instead of the D2X how about the new D80? I think it is called
12.3 mp and remote or cable release at a forth the price

give me the D2X and i will buy you a new D200:)

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

I know Norman Kent uses or did use a D1 and I want to say he has D2s now. Mike McGowan also used to use the D series but I know he pretty much always uses hand switches. With that said, both probably have some good insight on what needs to be done to make the D2 fire with a mouth switch as all of their switches are custom made.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING