VectorBoy

Final cut express3 glitches.

I have a project that is responding weird.

This problem is keeping me from taking clips from the browser or viewer over to the canvas or time line.

In the viewer I can set in-out points but it doesn't respond to the canvas or time line. If I didn't know better I would say that links ( short cuts ) to the raw video were lost. But this is such a windows way of looking at this and it can't be the case as all of the raw footage is still available in the browser and editable in the viewer, it just doesn't transport beyond that. Every cube of video data in the time line isn't playing along with the audio. Audio is fine.

When I try to transport from the viewer into the canvas both the canvas and the timeline disappear and don't readily come back when I arrange the window setup back to standard.

Any Ideas other than scrap the project and reload it?

Sounds like basic corruption to me. I forget if FCP3 had offlineRT support... but right-click on the questionable media files in the browser and reconnect them to the actual media. If that doesn't solve the problem, you might as well just reload it. You should be able to export an EDL which you can import to a new project... assuming you've done a lot of editing so far.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. I haven't fiddled with FCP3 in a while and the problems you're experiencing could be very simple and easy to fix... I just don't know.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Heh, well, I'm an idiot for writing a decent-sized response for it. :P

As for FCE... I don't have any considerable experience to troubleshoot it for you. You might consider calling AppleCare, assuming you have the coverage.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.