andyflylife

Viewfinder problems (??)

Hi y'all, Just a viewfinder question.
i currently use a DCR-PC109 Sony and just this weekend the viewfinder seems to have developed a fault. When you switch the camera on 'Record mode' there are interference type lines running across the viewfinder screen all the time. However they dont show on the LCD screen or on any of the recordings!! and they aren't the digital type lines you some times experience between recorded sequences.

Just wondered if anyone has had similar problems or has any clues??

Thanks, Andy ;)

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

I've seen something like what you describe in the PD 150 cams, and in those, it's related to the ribbon connector that connects the screen to the camcorder. They wear out from a lot of opening/closing. Dunno if this is the same thing...

Bingo! I've had that happen before to my PC110 and I had to tear it down and clean it to get them to go away.

I'd ignore it unless it was causing a major issue, Sony wants $200 to fix it and its almost better to put that money towards a new camera.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

do you have the contact info for sony to send in for repairs.. I have a HD cam, but would like my PC 9 for other things and places where I dont care if its broken or wet, etc,,,
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Ive only got numbers for my uk warranty line..... I just realised that ive only had the camera from new 11 months, so ive been on to my warranty line this morning and they are sending a package out for me to put the camera in for repair collection [:/]

Hope they fix it!! (I'll keep you posted) Wondering if i might get some replacement instead that wont fit in my FF2!!!

Thanks for all the ideas and comments.

Blues.

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

I reckon you've trashed it doing some bad ass swoops, or perhaps it just got scared from all the CRW!:D

Id like to think my swoops were good enough to cause camera distortion!!B| Thanks for the compliments though geezer!!
Didn't where camera for the crw, good job really judging by my crash on the 1st jump and the off landing on the 2nd :S
Rather forget it for now!!

How's your huuuuge fish eye lens going anyway??....you should post a photo in this forum.

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

Just an update on the viewfinder probs!!

I sent my PC109 of under warranty to have the problem sorted. 48 hours later it was back!! The report that was with it said that no problems had been found :S
Sure enough the camera works fine now. The only explanation i can think of is this.... Before i packaged the camera up to be collected for repair, i took the battery off to make a note of the part number. I then replaced the battery but never checked the viewfinder again before packaging it.

I just wonder if this cleared the fault? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Blue skies. ;)

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

Yes and no, I have had error codes before and by taking off the batt, it clears and resets the cam.
But never had an issue with a view finder problem other then bumping the focus knob to make it out of focus. Anytime you get an error code try removing the batt, first.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo