ArcAngel0223

Vallerina and I had SEX and we are in LOVE!!

Ok well now that I have your attention, I'm just looking for some general feedback. I've recently bought a sky System's Nvertigo helmet, and a TRV 27 w hich I plan using as a top mount with a bonehead TRV box. However, as I put the helmet on and just placed the camera on top of it to get a general feel of what it will look like, I'm a lil disconcerted, it looks like the camera is pointing at an all out down angle, and I will hafta tilt the helmet all the way back to get it to be at a semi- normal angle.

I talked to Linda at bonehead and she suggested that I tape a flashlight to the top of it, and see what kind of angle I'm looking at.. well with the helmet in the position of comfort the light shined me directly in the chest... and she suggested sliding/shimming up to a half inch of wedge underneath it....

So my general question to you folks, is what do I do?

well first off... you should post pictures... (of the helmut... not the sex... although we probably wouldn't turn away pictures of sex)

Also... you should probably post this question in the Photo and Video Forum... as they are more likely able to answer the question...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

So my general question to you folks, is what do I do?

1. Buy the right tools for the job! ie, a brain bucket made for top mountng a camera.

2. make or buy a top plate and install it on that helmet,(hint) you can buy a skydance/bonehead top plate.

3.know what your doing before you go and buy a camera and helmet and then ask on the internet WTF to do to set up your gear.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

While i think Strtostar has the absolute perfect answer to your question,;) i will offer another solution. Buy a universal topper HERE and try to make that work. Otherwise, buy a camera specific helmet and go from there.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Two years ago you started down the right path.
Asking questions.

Alright I just bought a PC110, and naturally I want a helmet with as little snag possibilities as possible. I'm considering a few options

Some where along the way over the last two years you got off the right path.
Now your back and trying to get the right info with the wrong equipment or at least not all the parts needed to do the job you would like it to do.

I happen to agree with Mr. Rich, you want us to take you serious and provide you with info, yet you post a stupid/silly title looking for answers to something serious, jumping a camera is no joke!

If your going to get into the game you better have your shit together and you better have a safe set up before you step out the door.

Your post title would leave some to think that you feel this is all fun and games and something to be taken lightly.

While your title might have been ok for the bonefire
it don't fly over here!
If you want people here to take you seriously, then you need to act like it.

It would seem that you need to do a better job of doing your homework first, like you started to do two years ago, instead it seems as if you ran out and got a helmet and a camera without knowing what the fuck your doing or having a clue as to what to get and how to set it up to do the job.

Do you really think any TI's are going to let you in the air with them when you come off in the manner as you do.

Now your welcome to tell me to blow you or to fuck off too, that's fine.
But you really need to do a better job of learning a little about what your trying to get into before something comes up and bites you in the ass.

Your not the first person I've seen get in a hurry to fly camera and get the wrong equipment because they didn't do their homework in the first place or listen to the people in the know as to what to get.
Two years ago you got a lot of good advice as to what to get and how to do the job.
What part of that advice did you not learn from?

Good luck....

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo