sd-slider

Canon Rebel XT...Black or Silver?

Thanks.

My major concern was related to the Silver being more reflective in sunlight or freefall...If that's not an issue, then I'm game for Silver.
Anvil Brother #69

Sidelined with a 5mm C5-C6 herniated disk...
Back2Back slammers and 40yr old fat guys don't mix!

I agree with the above poster... I got the black one since I prefered how it looked... :D

Yeah black is cooler looking! :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Check for which lens they ship with (assuming you don't go body only)

In the UK the XT (350D) ships with the USM lens if you buy it in silver and the standard lens if you buy it in black.

Oddly this situation was exactly the reverse with the 300D where you got the USM only with the black body. :S

...course this could just be in the UK...

I went black body only on the 350D and I also have the 300D (until I sell it in the next wk or 2) in silver so I can do a direct comparison. I find the black body much nicer to the touch and it appears to be a significantly sturdier plastic. Whilst this could be simply perceptional, I do remember being told when looking at 300D's 18 months ago that the black body was a stronger plastic or something but this could have been shop-Muppet-nonsense for all I know.

Oh and I think the black one looks cooler. :D

BLACK,if you get the silver it will reflect which might ruin a perfect pic of you in freefall:P

same thing if you at some point want to shoot through a window the silver will more likely reflect at the window..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

for real no. but personaly i dont think its making that much a dif:P but read any pro photho magazines about this subject and you´ll know;)

for real life i dont think it matter alot atleast not for our porpuse,sorry my post wasnt sarcastic enough;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber