321Cya

Help needed with Canon350d/tongueswitch

Just got my Canon 350d and `Conceptus` tongueswitch. When I plug the tongueswitch in (on any mode) the camera starts taking pictures automatically.

The tongueswitch manual says that if this happens it`s best to switch to MF (manual focus). Well, I`ve tried this, but it keeps taking pictures by itself.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong here?

Cheers,

Joris.

www.vandrunen.ch

You've got a bad switch out of the bag. You can check it with a multi-meter if you have one....

Sorry bro - those switches are nice but some times they're a crapshoot. I've had one last me for nearly two years and then I've gone through 4 in one month. :S

Peace,
Z

Action©Sports

Just tested the switch and indeed it does exactly the opposite of what it should do (press=no pic, don`t press=pic). Even at times it seems to work ok, but the next moment it doesn`t.

Bugger...

Now I have to wait even longer to start playing with my new toy...[:/]

Thanks for the advice guys.

J.

www.vandrunen.ch

some the older switches also came with a mono plug versus a stereo plug.
you need a stereo plug.
look at the part you plug into the camera, there should be two black stripes on it (stereo) if there is only one it is mono.
another cameraflyer had a mono plug that I borrowed and it continually focused when the camera was turned on.....it did not shoot pics though until depressed.
conceptus is very good with customer service.
jimoke
The ground always, remembers where you are!

Well, after a few switch failures, i've now completely given up with tongue and bite switches and moved to a suck/blow pressure switch. It's so much better. Your mouth never meets the switch, only a tube to suck/blow through. Means the switch electrics nevert get saliva anywhere near them, you can't bite through it, and the wiring never gets weakened or compromised by being moved about. I bought the switch online from RS Components in the uk, and it was a matter of moments to connect it to my camera. Comes complete with a metre of tubing to suck on! I noticed the other day that skydanceheadgear in the U.S. sell something pretty similar for $25 at http://www.skydanceheadgear.com/accessor.htm

i have to say, i'll never go back to a bite or tongue after this - it's easier, more reliable, adjustable, can be used for both suck or blow - what more could a vidiot want?

blues

jon t