flr169

help in choosing a camera

Hey all,

Fist off, yes I have less than the 200 recommend jumps,

Second, my intentions for a camera is too use it mountain biking and snowmobile and also for skydiving ( once my jump # are suitable )

So i've been looking and looking and can't decide which way to go....

PC109
PC330
PC350
PC1000

camera's aslo need an av in/out for the use of my bullet camera

I would like to be-able to video as the sun is going down and night shots would be a plus...

So I guess the PC1000 would be out cause it doesn't have night shot plus.....right

I've seen a 109 in person, are the 330 and 350 camera's as small as the 109...

A side by side comparison of the other 3 camera's would be nice but can't seem to get that

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

-------------------------------------------
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

A PC1000 will shoot the best quality daylight video by _far_ in that group... if you are going to jump with it, it's the best choice. I've never missed not being able to shoot crummy green video at night... Sunset videos seem to work acceptably for me.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

does a pc 1000 come whith a docking station?
does it take analouge(like bullet cam) in?

how about dv in and out?

ive lost my pc 105e and insurance is going to replace it whith a new similar or newer camera.

whats realistic?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I agree with the charger comment, and also add the higher capacity battery too. But you can also charge the battery in the camera without the docking station.

Dave

I think some people miss the power plug that is located on the lower left of the back of the camera... I know it took me awhile to find it. I finally ordered a second battery and charger though... sick of runing out mid day.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

thanks for all the input everyone...

Mike

-----------------------------------------
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Hey Bro',
I know everyone is leaning in the direction of the DCR-PC1000, and I would agree with that decision for the most part. If you decide to get one, be aware of a few things. 1.) The DV output on the camera is one of the "half moon" jacks. If you plan on fire wiring with your buddies, it's a pain in the ass having to use the docking station. Just a little FYI. 2.) Most aftermarket "upgrade" batteries aren't InfoLitium. Your camera will start freaking out and you just lost 70 bones. Make sure you are VERY specific and direct about the fact that you want a SONY InfoLitium Battery. Trust me on this one and read the fine print before opening the package!! "Will fit Sony DCR-PC1000" doesn't count! 3.) The previous comments about needing the night shot are dead on. You're either buying this camera to get brilliant color and resolution, or your spending the same amount on a lesser camera so you can film your buddy puking in the middle of the night. 4.) One thing you may want to take into consideration, is operating temperature. I don't have my manual with me at the moment, but I do believe the camera isn't designed to be operated a sub zero temps for any significant length of time. I could be wrong, but you might want to do some research before making your purchase. I don't know if any of this helps, but good luck.

"Try not! Do, or do not.... there is no try."
--Yoda

guess the 1000 aint for me...

I dont need night vision to look at drunk mates but i need it to record me doing some cool shit out in the dark;),there are other options for a cam just than skydive and skydive partyes:P

thanks for the advise

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

guess the 1000 aint for me...

I dont need night vision to look at drunk mates but i need it to record me doing some cool shit out in the dark;),there are other options for a cam just than skydive and skydive partyes:P

thanks for the advise

Can see how you would want night shot as a BASE person, though, for outside of that... in the time i owned a camera with night shot i used it maybe 1% of the time, haven't missed it at all on the pc1000.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka