pyke

Gray Lines ARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Have been having problems with gray lines. Only had them recently and they have contributed to MANY recent disasters...>:(

Have been told to clean heads, but then was also told that using a head cleaner "scars" your heads (possibly if left on too long, others said "period").[:/]

Not sure what is going on, but am looking to avoid problem altogether. Any helpful advice.

Might have also been factor of recording in LP mode vs. SP...made that switch already.

Just looking for anything to alleviate this problem before season gets too busy.

Thanks,

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Never use DV tapes more than once........never
Sometimes its cool no probs......other times....( and usually when you really need that footage you get shafted)
I have used tapes once , then recorded footage over them ....even on the same brand of tape....sometimes its fine...other times.....its not..
...roll the dice:S
Not worth the risk if you value your prospective footage !

Keep on SP rather than LP....always

Beyond that.......be sure the type of tape you are using is reputable and that your cam is working OK

First I have heard of head cleaners screwing the heads......would like to read more from those who know....

Thanks Karen (lew)...

I need all the experienced help I can get. I might have to trap you at Rantoul this year and pick your brain!! ;)

or not.

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic