lewmonst

Anyone ever get a bad batch of DV tapes...?

So I thought my camera was whacked, getting dropout (horizontal lines), and then got them on my backup camera, and now, with a new tape from the same box, getting them on a 3rd camera. So, I'm beginning to wonder if I just got a bad batch of tapes. What are the chances it would happen on 3 cameras, all previously reliable (1000+ jumps on each without problems), at the same time... Tried the head cleaner tape and different tapes (but all from the same box of tapes)...

Anyone else have this problem? And anyone tell me for sure it's not because of the cold weather?

Thanks
Karen Lewis
http://www.exitshot.com

Hey Karen,

You definetly have a bad batch, I had the same problem some time ago....I almost whacked my camera how mad I was....then after 3 times visiting the service and cleaning the heads and mechanism the guys asked me wheter I use new tapes and I told them that I am using the same tape since I never got to make a good record after I pciked it up from the service so I took another tape and everything was OK again...
Some tapes are "greasy" (dirty) said the technicians and no matter how clean the heads are its enough that you put the tape in and eject it and thats it...you again get shitty footage....get rid of that tape or tapes!!!....and take your cameras for a cleaning service....

I never acctually had any problems because of cold weather....never....even no condensation...

2pac
www.slobodanpad.hr
www.skydiveadria.com

Yes, it definitely sounds like you got a bad box of tapes. It can happen.

I got a bad box just the week before Nationals and came up with Blue Screen on a couple of pre-competition jumps. I was sweating big-time (luckily my second camera was working fine). I ditched that box of tapes (after head cleaning and all, like you) and the next box worked fantastic. Nat's came away clean, but I was still nervous as hell thinking that I'd get bit again.

And as you remember, the weather was quite warm there in Perris that year. (2004).

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

hmm, sounds like the problem I had with my cameras. except I tried new tapes ( from the same batch)

I wonder if that would solve all my whoa's.

I didn't think the problem was that prominent. no I am very curious to see how this new batch will respond
My photos

My Videos

Thanks gang, that's a relief to hear. I ordered a new batch of tapes that should be here anyday now. Meanwhile, one of my cameras is already at the Sony service center, let's hope they don't charge me anything... I thought I was going crazy. My team joked, "it must be you"...:S

Let's hope the new tapes do the trick...

peace
Karen Lewis
http://www.exitshot.com

Karen,

I hope you get better maintenance than I did. (assuming its the Laredo texas center that you sent it too)

I have bitched quite a bit about them but truth be told the customer service is ok, I mean they took my camera back 3 times and TRIED to fix it. only charged me once. but I am frustated at the maintenance:S
My photos

My Videos