Suggestions ...

More jumps
More jumps
Canon Digital Rebel on Ebay
More jumps
More jumps
Did I mention ...
more jumps.

For the life of me I cannot imagine a DZO letting someone with 38 jumps jump a video camera, let alone a still as well. but hey, that is just me. ;)

I just read some of your other post. You're the guy who wants to buy a 120 stilletto for his first canopy. I smell troll. :P

steveOrino

Well, you really shouldn't even have a video camera on your helmet at 38 jumps, let alone a still camera. [:/]

Canon digitals seem to be really popular in skydiving. I'm probably going to buy a Nikon D70s myself, only because I already have thousands tied up in lenses and other Nikon gear.

Talk to some of the videographers at your DZ, they can probably help you out.

Here's some good advice from Norman Kent:
http://www.normankent.com/advice.htm

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Why (almost) everybody is making fun off someone who wants to learn some things about skydiving cameras?? (not only)
I know that you are GODS!!!!Only YOU in the world!!!!!!!!!! (relax)
I accept the "more jumps"
I don't want to jump with my camera...
I want to buy a still camera for me and if it is possible,to jump with it in afew years...
I don't want to buy something useless....
About the canopy...i have a sabre2 150 and i love it!
Thanks for the replies.

ps:My english aren't very good so i can't answer correct....

Why (almost) everybody is making fun off someone who wants to learn some things about skydiving cameras?? (not only)
I know that you are GODS!!!!Only YOU in the world!!!!!!!!!! (relax)

Take your own advice - relax. Nobody is making fun of you. With the information you gave in your first post it would be a logical assumption that you planned to start jumping the camera right away. Coming back at people with attitude when they are only hoping to give you advice that might keep you from dying is bad form.

Take it easy, Saxboy :)

You had been misunderstooded from the beginning - the idea of letting someone with 40 jumps go with still or video camera right now is still seems very revolutionary :) :)

About you question - the most popular here in Russia are Canon 300D (EOS Rebel D in USA ) or 350D. If you are serious into photography, maybe you will need a 10D or 5D - but this is a lot of money :(
Lenses here are mostly SIGMA or ZENITAR (Russian made, cheap but OK) wide-angle lenses.

Remember that photography is more complicated and more dangerous (and expensive too! :) , that the video. You'll get a whole new set of problems you should worry about, beggining from additional weight (and believe me, it hurts a lot on the unproper opening) and ending with line entanglements and other ugly stuff.

Anyway, get a training before jumping with still camera. I've personally seen some really ugly incidents with videomans caused only by something they should know about (and they don't due to inproper training)

Take care!

I don't want to jump with my camera...

Then why provide the info about your helmet?

I want to buy a still camera for me and if it is possible,to jump with it in afew years...

in a few years any camera you buy NOW will be cheaper and possibly outdated. Technology moves fast and waits for no one.

About the canopy...i have a sabre2 150 and i love it!

Then I must have misread your earlier post or not bothered to read all your posts, because this is what you said.
i have 38 jumps and i want to buy a PD STILETTO 120.
I don't have the money to buy one canopy and then to downsize
to another...etc,so i need to buy one canopy to keep it at least 500+ jumps.
I have jumped 280,250 PD,170 sabre 2 and i have the skills to fly a Stiletto 120.(I think)
All my landings were perfect ...I don't want to argue with someone.!I just ask for your opinion.thats all.Anyway i will buy this canopy:P

Yeah, I'm a GOD. Well, my wife and dog think so. Okay, my dog thinks so. Then again I'm picking up HIS poop.:S

steveOrino