Bowen

Anyone ever have to use their camcorder waranty

I am thinking about buying a New PC 1000 from B&H Photo and was wondering if anyone ever has had to use the MACK waranty. any problems with the waranty? turn around time? basically is it worth it? or just save the 100.00 bucks.

any other companies I should look into for the PC1000 or the waranty?

-Bowen

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

I had a terrible experience with the MACK waranty. I do not recomend it.

It took them 6 weeks to fix what would have taken Sony 2. I would have gladly paid the standard Sony fee to get it back 4 weeks quicker. I found MACK extremely dificult to communicate with.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Some people here have had very good experiences with the in-store waranty's from Ritz Camera and Circuit City. The Ritz waranty actually replaced a camera that had been burned to a crisp, then run over by a car... If I remember correctly.

The cost of the waranty's there seem to be about the same, but those stores do charge a bit more for the cameras. If a waranty is important to you, then maybe that's a good option.

Me? I never buy extended waranties, but take my chances. With Sony - there's a flat "fix it all" charge (no matter what's broken) for $250ish. I'm in the middle of testing that right now, but others have had reported mixed experiences.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I've used my Waranty on my Sony Camera and my Digital rebel, both from Best Buy. 1.5 week turn around on both. Once I got a riser slap on my camcorder and it almost ripped the lense right off. They asked, "Did you drop it?", I said, "Not Really" and they fixed it.

I've also used my Best Buy warrenty on my 300D. Sensor cleaning. I think it's due for another go-round. Nice to know that if -they- mess it up I get a new camera out of the deal.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon