martz

safire 1 as main canopy ?

I have a sabre 2 135 and a vengence 135 both with over sized sliders on them .And they open beautiful!
Don't know anything about the safire.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I put something like 200ish jumps on my Safire 1 and think it would have made an excellent canopy for jumping camera with. The openings were extremely consistent and Spectre soft. Mine had the control line mod though.

I jump a Nitron now, with camera 95% of the time, and also think that it is well suited to the task since the openings are very consistent. I don't have a lot of jumps on it yet, but my initial impression is very positive.

YMMV
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

I jumped a Safire 1 for about 400 jumps. Many of them with camera. (WL was about 1.38).

Openings were consistently soft, perfect for video.

I do not know how the flare compares to a sabre 150, but I rememberd that I was not too impressed by the flare capabilities of the safire...

alex

--
www.tandemmaster.net
www.skydivegear.de

I have a sabre 150 and want to move to a safire 149 ... as my setup got bigger I want something reliable.

is this a good canopy for camera ?

thanks

I made the transition from Sabre 1 to Safire 1 this summer, and though I do not fly a camera I can't really imagine a better canopy for it. Super soft, consistent openings. I was troubled with linetwists on my first jumps, but it got better once i relaxed in the harness.

As for the flare, there is still plenty of it, but the sweet spot is smaller then on the sabre. Once you've dialed it in though it is all good :)

Good luck

i've got about 400 jumps ( almost all camera on my safire 149 loaded about 1.5:1 and it treats me great. and like phreezone said count on it being 7-8% smaller so it's like i'm actually flying a 138sq.ft. if it was measured the same way as pd measures canopies....