goobersnuftda

Newest POWER Digital Camera

For those men that believe that there can never be "too much power", the newest Binford model is ready to go:

Phase One-P45

39 Mega Pixle resolution,
about 1 shot/second,
117 Meg/picture file size....whooo hooo baby...

This camera is UGLY. The only shot I have been able to find on this camera is a shot of the rear of the camera. Makes me wonder why they are hiding the front of the camera.

I dont know the price of it but if it is going to be that pricey, it better make coffee and pack my rig as well.

The only shot I have been able to find on this camera is a shot of the rear of the camera. Makes me wonder why they are hiding the front of the camera.

Perhaps because it's the "P 45 digital camera back". :S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

There is an article in Nov 2005 Pop Science about a 4 gigapixel camera built by Graham Flint. He used a a K38 aerial camera used in high altitude reconnaissance and hand built some of the component parts. He is recording Americas landscapes and monuments using the camera,the photos are incredible to say they least. This guy also built a 6,000 lb wide angle camera in his garage. The camera shoots in analog and he later digitally scans the images using a high end Heidelburg drum scanner which he patches together to make 8' x 16' prints. The camera is big to say the least but he made it portable by building a off road cart/tripod for it that is pretty nifty. If they could only figure out how to get that size quality into something one could mount on a helmet, I'd buy it;)

here is the gigapixel web site http://www.gigapxl.org/

Here's a little bit of tech info on the P45 http://www.phaseone.com/upload/p_45_us.pdf
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING