DoctorD

Awasome Alternative Rock Skydive Video

Hey Now-
I jump at Skydive New England in Lebanon, ME.. THey give all of their Tandem students a Promo DVD.. I managed to get my hands on one of them, chopped up the scenes (shaved from 20 minutes to 7), added a kick ass soundtrack (FallOut Boy, Goldfinger, SR-71).. ITS AN AWASOME MIX AND SOME NICE FOOTAGE... If you want a copy AOL ME: MightyMightyD..

-D-

Once again, I got the DVD from them.. Told them what I was going to be doing.. As long as I am not playing it off as my own video they dont care... All I did was make a teaser of their 20 minute DVD and put a much better soundtrack behind it...

Blue Skies

-D-

as long as he isn't making a profit or claiming it's his work, it's totally legal.

It's not, or at least not where I live. You can copy the movie and distribute it without making a profit, but you can't change it (re-editing) without permission (which he has).

However the issue in skydiving is more, it's such a small world really, why piss off people you're going to meet again later on. They're your fellow skydivers. It's not like it's a big company, where most people don't feel that guilty if they copy a movie from. Know what I mean? At least, that's how I feel about this.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thanks TcNelson.. I try and explain that I am not playing it off as my own and that im not selling it... Dragon cant seem to realize that theres nothing illegal going on... LOL

Blue Skies

-D-

This time, no. I didn't gather you had permission from your first post, which is why I asked. However it wouldn't be the first time that people did something like this WITHOUT permission... I personally had this happen to me, so it's sort of a pet peeve of mine. Especially if you make money of a video or picture you made, or even if you don't, it's really not funny if someone else hijacks your work. But, in this case, like I said the point is moot.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

as long as he isn't making a profit or claiming it's his work, it's totally legal.

Although I agree with the fact about not distibuting unless they know ( which has already been explained) there's nothing legal about using the songs without permission.:D

we all(those who film tandems) break those rules etc. its just a good thing that we sell so little quantity that the comnpay doesnt want to be bothered with us;)
My photos

My Videos