JayhawkJumper

dytter batteries

I don't have any problems, but I don't use mine very often. If you want to get longer lasting or cheaper batteries, you should go to your local electronic shop (L&B recomends it themselves)

The specification for the panasonic batteries they supply you can find at http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/battery/oem/images/pdf/Panasonic_Lithium_CR2330_CR2354.pdf their nominal capacity of 265 mAh is about standard. My next batteries will be from the local shop, they have slightly less capacity ( 260 mAh) but cost Euro 1,80 per battery, instead of the euro 3,5 per battery at the regular para-dealer. (makes a difference of euro 3,40 per replacement!)
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

Mine lasted me close enough to a full year.

Them CR2330 batteries are not easy to find at your local pharmacy or radio shack. Good thing my DZ carries them.

In case you've never opened the battery cover, there are 2 tiny springs in there. Be careful when you flip the dytter over to knock out the old batteries that you don't lose them.

In case you've never opened the battery cover, there are 2 tiny springs in there. Be careful when you flip the dytter over to knock out the old batteries that you don't lose them.

A trick I learned from a watchmaker - Put a towel down on the table before you start work - If you drop a screw or spring, it won't go bouncing or rolling away, and will be easy to see on the nice white terrycloth.

Easy Does It

mine don't seem to be lasting very long lately.

Seriously, I've been thinking if this new set (installed 02/03) dies again in a couple of months, THATS IT! Then I'm pissed! I'm already getting the long beep at 1,000 and only after 50 or so jumps!!!

I am gonna call and complain my ass off!!!

>edit to add: I thought maybe the other battery sets were old or defective or something, now I think theres something wrong with my dytter draining battery power. It otherwise works fine.

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Tips for extending the life of your batteries - this is from the FAQ section on the L&B website.

Question: I replaced the batteries, however soon after I installed the new set the unit displayed "Low Bat." again?
Answer: Please remove the battery cover and wait at least 2 minutes before reinstalling the cover again. When the battery cover is removed the batteries are disconnected. When installing a new set of batteries too quickly the microprocessor may sometimes enter a wrong mode and thus display wrong information. Do also refrain from pressing any buttons for about 15 minutes after installing new batteries.

You can also view the instruction book and learn how to set your Pro-Track or Pro-Dytter to economy mode.
http://www.l-and-b.dk

I use my Pro Dytter only as a back-up, in that its set for my altitudes and not the ones the student uses on AFF. I get a low battery warning as soon as 60 dives sometimes. My warning went off in early January. I've done 120 dives since then, and its still squeaking away disconcertingly at 1000 feet ocasionally. I now have 213 dives on this set. PM me and I'll let you know when they eventually go flat!

t
It's the year of the Pig.