packing_jarrett

Need Some Advice on camera setup

I'm looking to fly video some time in the near future. I'm looking at a BH "Rat-Hat" helmet that has flat surface to mount and L bracket. I want a good setup thats low profile. What kind of camera should I purchase and what am I looking for in a camera?
Any help would be very much apreciated since you would be my only hope(does that sound desprate?)
Na' Cho' Cheese

The Bonehead Rat-Hat does have one side that is flat for a sidemount option, but I don't think it would make a very good set-up for both a sidemount video AND still.

That's not to say you couldn't do it, but if you're going to be spending the money with the intention of eventually having video and stills, then you're probably much better off getting a helmet that is actually designed for that.

My -guess- is that you where hoping to save some cash by getting a dual use out of the helmet, tunnel helmet now and use it as a camera helmet later, but there really are no shortcuts when doing that.

I honestly don't think the Rat-Hat, because of the way it is designed, would make all that great of a camera helmet. My -guess- is that it's going to have quite a bit of shake.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

well... I wasn't thinking about taking stills. Your right I wouldn't do that with just one flat side. I was thinking of just doing video. That rat-hat wasn't made for camera but bonehead does say it could be used for camera unlike others that they recomend you do not set this so and so helmet up for video. I'd like to use a rat-hat if possible.
Na' Cho' Cheese

Pretty much any of the HC or PC Sony cameras are going to work just fine. You -might- want to look at some of the feature sets on different cameras. The PC1000, while a very nice camera, is a little overboard for a beginner's side mount. You might do a little better pricewise getting a lower cost HC camera. The video images -will- be just about the same for less than half the cost.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver