StevePhelps

best canopy for camera flyer??

If you're going to have a spectre consider having a dacron lineset - just be aware that it will increase the pack volume.

Other than the fact that dacron 'gives' with line-stretch...making it a more slow and comfortable opening (for any canopy), why would you want to have that instead of the normal spectra lines? A Spectre canopy opens just fine the way it is.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

i find my spectre just snaps me slightly at the end of the snivel. Both Bruno Brokken and Craig O'brien jump spectres with dacron for their heavier set ups - bruno told me that dacron elimates that 'snap'.

Ah....I've seen (and felt) the heavy set-up that O.B. wears on occasion. Yes, Yes I see exactly where you are coming from in relation to that and wanting to tame whatever beast is in the end of the Spectre opening. I know what you mean.

Thanks for the clarification. :^)

ltdiver

A Spectre canopy opens just fine the way it is.

I know 3 people who've had a Spectre open hard enough to serious fuck them up. Skybytch is just one of those people.

Any canopy can (and will!) occaisionally open hard. Somebody who's depending on soft openings should do more than simply jumping a spectre.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I know 3 people who've had a Spectre open hard enough to serious fuck them up. Skybytch is just one of those people.

Any canopy can (and will!) occaisionally open hard. Somebody who's depending on soft openings should do more than simply jumping a spectre.

_Am

True, true . . . any canopy can have a mal or hard opening, but the game we're playing here is really about percentages.

If you had 1000 jumps on a well designed 7 cell canopy and 1000 jumps on an equally well designed 9 cell canopy, which of the two would you think would have the higher percentage of opening issues; cutaway, hard opening, off heading, spinning mal, whatever?

My guess is the 9 cell canopy will have a larger number of opening issues and the 7 cell fewer issues.

Continue this train of thought comparing every canopy that is available and I think you'll find that the Spectre does have a very well deserved reputation.

It's not an automatic "win", but if you're playing the percentages, it performs -very- well.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

_Am

Guess I shouldn't speak in absolutes. quade summed my thoughts up here quite well.

ltdiver