Fuzzy

HC & PC Cameras - Still Looking For Help / Advice

Have read a number of the posts on this but would still like a little advise (the sales rep at the store was less than useful)

Just looked at the HC42 - HC90 - PC1000 & HC65

I understand that the PC1000 has some issues in freefall when shooting straight on or from below (probably the majority of what/how I shoot since it's mostly tandem stuff). Is this still a major factor or concern, i.e. should I eliminate this from the descion list?

The HC90 seems nice but the battery is pretty small (and a different style from the traditional PC/TRV type batteries and in comparsion to my current battery. It has a top loading tape (bonous). Is anyone jumping this one yet and if so any comments?

The HC65 is styled after the TRV series but is apparantly discontinued. Would not let that stop me from buying it, just wondering if anyone knows of how it's standing up.

Have seen coments on the HC42 and also looking at it. Comments on this camera welcome as well.

I know this is a very wide range of cameras quality and price etc. but need to start looking. Also curious as to which seems to be best at "dusk/low light" or when shooting up into an overcast (white) background.

Keep in mind the above questions are from someone jumping a TRV17 that's been more than good to me and my abuse, but it's starting to do funky things now and then (hense the need to start looking).

Thanks

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.

I understand that the PC1000 has some issues in freefall when shooting straight on or from below (probably the majority of what/how I shoot since it's mostly tandem stuff). Is this still a major factor or concern, i.e. should I eliminate this from the descion list?

The PC1000 is a great camera. I believe it was the older 3chip camera's that had some issues.

Mine works fine.

Cookie
www.cookiecomposites.com

I've recently purchased an HC-42 and it seems to be working fine for tandem and rw. I've only put about a dozen jumps on it so far so I don't have any long term experience with it. Another camera flyer at our DZ just bought an HC-90 but hasn't jumped it yet, he's waiting for his D-Box to come in. I'm really interested in comparing the video from both camcorders & will post again when I've done that.

Pat

Thanks for the info, as mentioned I've been looking at a number of models, leaning towards the 42 or 90 if I go with the HC Series.

My main concern with the 90 is the battery, not being familiar with that style. If you hear anything +/- about it, I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks again

Fuzzy

I have the HC 90 and have been jumping it the past 2 weekends. It is my first camera setup and so far so good. I bought a 2nd battery right from the start just so I wouldnt have to worry about that, but I havent had a problem with the battery life being to short or anything. The quality if video and everything is quite good and stuff. So far I love it. I will keep you all posted. :)

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez
Muff Brother #2959 TF #77

I havent bought the separate charger since I havent had a need for it yet. So far, 1 battery has lasted me all day---i have made like 6 tdm video jumps(with interviews and landings and stuff) a day and had plenty of battery left at the end of the day. I just keep the 2nd battery charged so that if i need it i can just switch out the battery. Eventually i may see a need for the external charger, but for now I just make sure I charge the camera at the end of the day. good luck with your camera search!

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez
Muff Brother #2959 TF #77

Glad to hear that the battery is holding up for tandem stuff (that's the majority of what mine is used for).

Hard to believe that it was easier deciding on a new canopy than it is a new camera [:/]

Thanks again

Fuzzy