davelepka

Sony PC camera questions

I'm on Ebay looking for aother PC series camera. Are there any models that you wouldn't reccomend?

Am I right in thinking that the PC 100 is the bigger one? Did it have a funny focusing problem (or was that the PC 10? Did they even make a PC 10?)

Any thoughts on the PC 109?

I bought my PC 1 six years ago, and since than I haven't kept up on the different models. Thanks for any info you have.

Just bought a sony PC9 for 270.00 the guy is selling a brand new one never used for 399 with lenses i believe flasellers i believe is the name to look for
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

PC109 has a slightly smaller lens than the Sony's you are used to...
It has 0.75 megapixel for vid and 1.something megapixels for stills
Doesnt make any difference outdoors but in indoor low light conditions there is a bit of a difference ( not much....but you can see it)
It also requires the use of a 'docking station' for DV transfer of footage....which can be a bit of a drag
(AV LANC and MIC are on the camera)
On the plus side.....its abso tiny and quite sturdy......and with the 'large battery' which is still tiny it will take you through 300mins+ with no problems

Doesnt make any difference outdoors but in indoor low light conditions there is a bit of a difference ( not much....but you can see it)
problems

Poor functionality in low light is an inherent problem with all digital cameras, especially the lower end models...

Also it is always worth while manually setting the white balance, to either indoor or outdoor, instead of just leaving it set to auto when using the Sony PC range. I would also suggest this with other brands, but my expereince has only been with the sony range.
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

the 109 had a noticeable difference ( worse) in low light conditions

Yeah, I missed out on some great footage of a guy puking his guts out one night because of the poor night vision... You can still kind of make out the spaghetti in the grass though, so I guess it isn't not that bad... :D

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!