snowboundlava

What do you think about this???

Ok-I just bought a chute from my father in-law. I was wondering if I got a good deal. It is a Vector II with a Star Trak. I am going to pay $2,000 for it. It may be a Vector III, though. I'm not too sure. I will be recieving it tomorrow in the mail. I do know that the canopy in it is really big which will be good because I am a beginner. (I know you probably think I'm crazy for buying something I don't know too much about, but my fiance` thinks it's a good deal -I assume he knows;), but would like some other feedback too. ) I had never heard of a Star Trak, What do you think about it??

StarTraks are used frequenlty as demo canopies for Military teams in the US. I've only got about 10 jumps on one.. My impression was it opened hard, sunk well and flew like a big f111 tank. Its a great demo canopy.

As for it being a good deal look in the classifieds. If the rig is a perfect fit it is'nt that bad but if its not sized properly then its not worth the money. What size are you and what loading will you be loading the canopy at?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Asking your rigger is the best thing to do. I just roll the nose as much as I can. Make sure that the slider is quartered and all the way up against the slider stops. Make sure that the rubber bands are tight. Its not a painfully hard opening, just really quick.

How do ya like it Johnny?

If the Star-Trac is in good condition, I think that you got a good deal. You can practice your landing accuracy and keep the canopy for a later time in your skydiving career when you will be jumping into stadiums, parade fields, etc...
Get some good advice/training about making accuracy landings before attempting them. Harry