freethefly

New Camerawing Jacket

nice jacket!
I like the style, my only other thought is big gaps at the rear of the wing. this senario could allow the reserve/cutaway handle to get behind the wing if you were on your back,possibly allowing premature deployment of your reserve. this area should leave as little room as possible for some thing to slide through. if you can slide your hand through "by accident" you could have a nasty horseshoe malfunction.
just my thought,
stay safe,
Jimoke
The ground always, remembers where you are!

The picture is a bit deceiving. I looked at other camwings and saw that a reach through is a mal waiting to happen. After several design layouts I feel that this design will eliminate the HS mal via reach through. I layed in the deployment position and tried many times to get my hand through the gap. The gap is 2" and the webbing is routed through the front portion of the leg straps. Going this route keeps the webbing tight against the body, thus making it impossiable to reach through. In the event that I would have to cutaway and go silver was also taken into consideration. Again I believe that my design eliminates this scenario as the attachment point is extremely tight to the body (this does not interfere with freedom of arm movement) leaving very little room for it wander due to airflow. Another advantage that I incorporated into my design are zippers from the wrist to the elbows which allows me greater freedom once under canopy. Once the arms are unzipped they are to be rolled up the arms and stowed under the upper portion of the sleeve.
Thank you for your input, it was greatly welcomed.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Without gear less than 160 pounds. Use to weigh nearly 250 pounds before HIV>:(. Great way to lose weight, although I would not recommend it to anyone. Stay away from women you do not know and you ladies stay away from guys you do not know. Those one nightstands can cost you plenty!
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young