airborne82nd

video capture for hc 40

i have windows me and nothing but the software that came with the hc 40

is there anyway i can downlaod or capture the videos??????

i know xp has some type of ability. but me i guess doesnt is there something i can do or do i need to spend the money and buy the adobe software???

thank you

Chris

You're gonna need a Firewire/IEEE1394/I-link connection on your computer, a decent sized relatively fast hard disc, and a shit load of patience, beer helps too.

Let us know what your hardware specs on the pooter are, and if you have a firewire connection. You now what to look for, right? You should be able to download some free trial or 'lite' software to try out etc. If you don't have firewire, get a card and it will probably come bundled with some. Then you can play.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I just got a new HC-40 and went through the same process you're asking about. I'm not looking to do any fancy editing, so I picked up Adobe Premier Elements for under $100.

It seems to do the basics fairly well on my Windows XP machine, but then again I'm just learning to edit. I'm sure that the more powerful versions of Premiere and other editing software packages have a lot more options & features, but it might fit the bill if you're just looking for a basic tool. I think it's relatively new - I came across several good reviews of it after looking over the available low-end editing packages.

Lance

Having spent a lot of time with Premiere 4.2, 5.0, 6.0, and recently 6.5 pro, I'm trying out Elements, and it seems to be a great wee programme.

Gimme a couple of weeks and I'll try and break it, find out its weaknesses etc. Right now it looks like great value for money.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson