tomin

Advice for buying camera for freefall shoting?

It really depends on the camera helmet. Most side mounts will work with Sony PC 105, PC 109. Most top mount will accept TRV style such as TRV-11.
I would advise getting alot more jumps before actually skydiving with a camera helmet. Please look at the thread that are at the top of this forum.
Kirk

get you a hc series helmet for about 400 doolars from walmart 20, 30 , 40

small cam perfect for side mount the trv ones are awesome for top mount and then get a 2k composites or a rawa or a fiberzone helmets

they have all molded boxes built into the helmet gives smooth edges to avoid riser problems also turn your head on deplyment un less you get a trv and top mount

oh yeah get a sony i am no expert but thats what the crowd says.

i hear all the time well i used to have a jvc or something now i have a sony.

Chris

oh ya update your profile with your current jump number

I am in the medical field and it makes sence to keep your c-spine in allingment but turning doesnt break that allignment more of a rotation

but if you dont turn your head and the risers catch on the side mounted d-box and then not rotate the head but tilt the head to fast to the side laterly and cause a comprssion fracture of the vertebra, a subluxation or a hyperextension of the joint space causing a disk rupture or even sever the spinal cord. or at least damage the spinous process. at least c1 or the atlas vertebra which supports the head. to c-3

i dont know i havent seen any of these type of injuries from skydiving videoographer.

so what do you think turn or rotate head while maintaining the cervical allignment???

I WAS in the medical field too. I was a Special Forces medic (ODA 552 CO B 2nd BN 5th SFG) and a Respiratory Therapist years later, but my experince is limited and distant. I'll let the others express why, but my personal experience as a vidiot is I'm better off keeping things aligned. Search these forums and you will get lots of reasons why you should NOT turn your head.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=775998;sb=post_username;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

so what do you think turn or rotate head while maintaining the cervical allignment???

Neither. I jump an HC-40 in a side-mount on my Mindwarp and don't rotate my head. If anything, I tilt my head down a bit so I don't have to worry about the risers, and have never had a riser strike on my camera.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Also work in the medical field and see cervical damages of all sorts -every day-.

Please don't compound the source of injury by rotating your neck. It makes the whiplash and herniation oh so much worse.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon