mwabd1

computer generated DVD's

Alright heres a question for all.

I do all of editing on my pc, some go back to video and some to DVD's, just wondering what media everyone is using for dvd's, right now I am using DVD-R, and depending on the player its either great or the audio is slightly off, which is very annoying if you spend an hour synching video to music. Could it be the disc or the player. By the way the same disk will play just fine in a different player.

------------------------------------
.......I hereby reject your reality and instead choose to insert my own!

I run a PC setup and cut DVD+R's........or DVD-R's.....just be careful what DVD you use, I'm not saying that 'cheapo' DVD's are worse than better quality ( i reckon thats all about longevity...anyways)
But....some quality between lower end cheaper DVD's varies wildly......

As for your audio.....what DVD authoring software are you using? and how are you you encoding the audio tracks on the DVD's? ie what format is the audio going on the DVD as.
'Most DVD packages will let you decide the quality of audio encoded....if you want to.

If the problem is intermittant....perhaps its the quality of the source audio you are putting on to the DVD....remember 'garbage in =garbage out'

I burn in the +R format using the memorex brand. I usually don't have many problems. There is some good information about the different media out there....you know the "get what you pay for" stuff. Read it, it's pretty informative. http://www.videoguys.com/DVDburn.html

Whatever you do, though, don't buy from shop4tech online. They have bad service and they media is poor quality.
Que sera sera