Samb

Stills Camera Digital or Film type

Its all a matter of personal preference and what your shooting, I've got both a 35mm and a digital still, I use them both. It all depends on what your shooting and who you are shooting it for. As for which is the best digital, the answer will vary; again its a matter of personal preference many people use Cannon many use Nikon some use Kodak.

Digital. Cheapest: Digital Rebel by Canon.

Current vogue: Canon 20D

With digital you can fix your problems from jump to jump by getting instant feedback from reviewing the images. With film, you have to do a weekends jumps, develop the film, try and remember what you were doing and what you need to change, etc.

What camera do you use for both digital and film?

Is there not a problem with digital, that it take a second or 3 to record the stills image onto the memory stick, before you can take the next pic?

What is the best lens sizes to use on both?

What camera do you use for both digital and film?

Is there not a problem with digital, that it take a second or 3 to record the stills image onto the memory stick, before you can take the next pic?

What is the best lens sizes to use on both?

I use a Canon Elan 7e with a Canon 28mm F2.8 lens for film (35mm) and the Digital Rebel with a Sigma 15mm F2.8 fisheye for digital pictures.

With the digital SLRs that are out there today, you don't have those delays, those are only there with the point and shoot digital cameras.

Canon is very well represented in the skydiving industry, but Nikon is as well.
The problem with Nikon Digital SLRs is that it's a lot harder to get a remote that will work in freefall.

Iwan

heres a link to the company that makes a shutter release modification to the nikon d-70 for freefall shooting ,if ya want a great light weight fast digital camera and nikon also has a super fasat 500th of a second flash sync speed if you shoot flash like i do ........... http://www.harbortronics.com/compatibility.htm

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Which is better to use, digital stills camera or one that use film?
If digital what is recommended

Personally I can't afford digital atm so I'm forced to enjoy the great deals on non digital slr bodies right now. I finally got to replace my last Rebel that went splat and just got one off ebay for $79.95:o, and a Sigma 24mm-2.8 for $99:D because it wouldn't work on the previous owners new digital Rebel. My last Rebel/Canon24mm-2.8 cost me about $400+.[:/] I'm quite the amatuer in stills anyways so this works out great for me.B|

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.