rig128

Cannon 300d rebel

Both of you should look in the Photography forum, and see what is said their......The 300d has some issues, the 10D has beeen wonderful to me. Jury is still out on the 20D at this point I believe, but imagine it will be nearly as good if not better.....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Search the forums for posts on how much skydiving experience is a safe foundation for starting to jump a camera on your head. There is a lot of sound advice from some very experienced camera flyers.

There's also an article posted HERE.

Personally I would discourage anyone with 30 jumps and 1 year in the sport from jumping a camera.
Arrive Safely

John

Shots at sunset .. now that is another issue.

The 300D seems to have issues with low light situations (ie focus), which are rumored to have been fixed in the 20D. The 20D is meant to takeon the D70 and beyond.

I've been told that some simple filters can help with sunset shots.

Shots at sunset .. now that is another issue.

The 300D seems to have issues with low light situations, which are supposed th have been fixed in the 20D.

I've been told that some simple filters can help with sunset shots.

Can you expand on this?
I have not had issues with mine in low light conditions, but I shoot either fully manual or on Shutter priority instead of the "fully automatic" programs on the camera.

I do know that autofocus in low light conditions is tricky, but I don't use that in freefall anyways...

More info would be highly appreciated..

Thanks,
Iwan

My personal experience on the camera is still limited and tend to use AF alot and have had a few issues when it came to trying to focus. I did a few Google searches on this and found a few articles and reviews that listed this as a weak spot of the 300D and that the D70 and 20D do not have the same issues. I am trying explore the other settings now to ween myself off of AF and the presets.

I picked up the 300D due to costs and the rebate - if I had the cash I would have gotten the 20D! I played with it recently and loved it.

Also - I was at the store last night and had my eye on a 75-300 Canon Zoom lens! Damn I wish I could afford that right now. I was surprised to see Best Buy had it in stock for $219.

You can always improve the AF by putting in faster glass !!! 2.8 or faster

Expensive but true.
;)

best regards
Paul

Thanks - didn't know that. But those are pretty damn expensive!

Trust me, that big a zoom for that low amount of cash, you're gonna be disapointed with it. The f factor (whaddayacall that in english) and the slow zooming and autofocus speed are crappy.

You're better off with less zoom factor lenses with better f values! A lens like this one is a "holiday" lens, ie you only have to carry one lens to get a whole lot of different angles, and it's better then nothing....

I tend to buy lenses like that second hand now, because I rarely use em but still like to have one "just in case". But I regret spending money on these cheap lenses when I bought them new for my canon camera's. So for the nikon I got stuff for a lot less money, and hey, I don't like the lenses much... But the ones I REALLY like, well, tough, no cash ;)

Just rambling, I'm tired... Just, don't blow your money on them unless you're sure...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Trust me, that big a zoom for that low amount of cash, you're gonna be disapointed with it. The f factor (whaddayacall that in english) and the slow zooming and autofocus speed are crappy.

I would agree with that, I've put mine up on eBay, because I don't use it enough and the one you are referring too is SLOOOW. You get what you paid for...

I do want a lens in this zoom range (roughly) though, so I ordered a better one.. the 70-200mm F4L USM B|

Iwan

I have a 75-300. You will be disappointed if you're looking for quality images. I use mine occasionally and am so so satisfied with the results, but i haven't tried to sell any. you won't get any commercially sellable images from this lens IMO, but it is kinda fun to mess around with..

Also - I was at the store last night and had my eye on a 75-300 Canon Zoom lens! Damn I wish I could afford that right now. I was surprised to see Best Buy had it in stock for $219