andy2

pants and a t shirt? beginner "suit"

hello, I really want to get BOOTIES for extra tracking speed, etc. However, I don't have the $ for an exspensive suit, nor do I really want to drop dough on a suit I might not use for long (I don't exactly know WHAT I want to do yet :). So my question would having a friend who is excellent at sewing make me a pair of nylon pants with sewn in booties and just wear a t shirt (its hot where I live in the summer, 95-100) be alright? I think I would like the ease of use combined with the functionality of still having heavy duty pants (in case I fall) with booties to help with tracking as I said...What do you think?

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Well personally I'm really wary of anything that can come loose in freefall, like a shirt tucked in your pants or under your legstraps. I'm a big fan of one-piece jumpsuits.

I now usually jump a freestyle suit (with short legs), plus either freefly pants or leggings (tights?) depending on what I want to do. I'm also getting birdman pantz :)
I do have one shirt I'd consider as a top, but most of my closetfull of sweaters and stuff I have I think is just not suitable. I'd really hate to have a shirt flap around and cover my handles...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I agree, if you are a student, use what the DZ offers. If you are off student status get a real RW suit. Booties are great and critical if you want to do serious RW. IF you are just playing around and deciding what you want to do you might want to get a used suit with booties and have it altered to fit or fly it without booties.
Chris

thanks for the good points, I'm really thinking about after I get a dozen or so more jumps (after student status). I might as well use my DZ's gear while I'm a student if its for freeB|. But after that I probably will be just some dude in jeans and a shirt...

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...