Unutsch

What holds your camera to the helmet?

I just purchased a brand new TRV-33, and am wondering what's the best and safest solution to mount it on my helmet (handmade copy of the Optik). Well, i know the best one would be a housing, but just in case i change my mind, how did you all mount your camera to the helmet? More precisely, what holds it to the helmet?

Thanks for the info :)

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

I have a PC-5 and it is mounted on a 3/16" aluminum 'L' bracket. It is fastened to the helmet with three 1/4" bolts, I reinforced the inside of the helmet (bonehead) with fibrglass and resin. The camera is mounted to the L bracket with 2" of camera lock and the tripod screw.

One of these days I will fab up a box for more protection.......... But I am pretty lazy, been saying that for at least a year now.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I have a Bonehead Flattop Pro and Manfrotto quickreleases. These quickreleases don't really look elegant, but provide a big surface area, so the only real attachment to my cameras are just the screws of the quick release. PC-110 and Canon EOS300. Works well for already a 1000 jumps and had some hard openings as well.

Thank you all for the replies :)
What do you think, would it be enough to mount my camera to the helmet using only some straps and the little screw [it comes into the little hole that is on the bottom of every camera] that is also used to mount it to a stative? hmm... i hope you understand what i'm trying to say here, 'cause i sure don't :S:P

I use the tripod screw inside a Dbox, but another vidiot at our DZ simply bolts the camera on top and adds a strap for added security.

Personally, I prefer the Dbox but I also prefer the camcorder on my side instead of top mount.

I top mount a digital rebel with only a screw. I'm fixin' to put a gold member on the top for the Rebel though.

but just in case i change my mind,

Why, if you're gonna jump it would you try and return it (change your mind afterwards)?

If you're going to shell out the dough for a nice product...and if you want to protect your investment the most....put it inside a box. dbox, camshell, camera condom....whatever.

Sound reasonable?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Well, here's the biggest problem i have: i wan't to jump it as soon as possible!!! Even if i had allready jumped it, it would still be to late!!!! >:(>:(

I allready set my mind to use a hard box for the camera, since i plan to use it for a very long time, but who knows, maybe the >:( child in me will want to use right away ;)