YonatanRan

video camera lenses...

Hi everyone....I had a question and I was wondering if any of you could maybe help me out and give me an answer.....I was considering buying one of the small wide angel lenses from waycool or liquid and I saw one that a friend of mine has....it's not from any of the above name brands but the same thing(idea), I noticed that it has a tendency to wide angel things that are close up, meaning things on the sides, close to the edges of the lens get wider and fisheyed and the things in the center of the lens dont, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this effect and could tell me if i'm losing it and seeing things or if the effect realy does exist in these lenses....thanks(it's kinda hard to describe what Im talking about......):S

but thanks anyway....[:/]

That's what a wide angle lense does ;)

Every lens does this to some extent, with tele lenses distorting 'the other way' (don't know the english terms for these effects, sorry).

I think the solid lenses (waycool etc) have this effect a bit more but I haven't really compared.

The more expensive (photocamera) lenses are corrected for this, but usually the only really really straight line is the one in the middle.

More wide angle means more distortion, usually.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

first of all thanks for answering, I know this is a weird thingy I'm talking about.....Very hard to describe.....Off course I know that wide angel lenses (not all of them) cause the fish eye effect...but I seemed to see something strange in the way the videos looked when taken with one of these lenses...i was wondering if any body else noticed it....anyway...I'll try and do as you said.....take picture of diffrent things with plenty of lines in them and compare...I'll post what I get....

Blue in Blue ones

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Hey Yonatan,

I jump the Diamond 0.3 like Rob does. I agree, there is hardly any barrel distortion to this lens. From what I heard the Way Cool lenses are the same lens from the same manufacturer, so they should be identical. They are also going to have a "Black" lens, which is the new 0.2. I dont know about Way Cool's customer service, but Max is a good guy to work with.

Have you figured out how we know each other yet? I haven't. Killin me.