LeadBoy

1st camera buyer question - yep I said 1st...

Hi all, I'm in the process of buying my first camera to take with me to the singapore jumps in a couple of weeks to record the tripB|. I have a question...
I've been comparing the PC109 with the DCRHC20, 30's and now I see there's a 40 on the market. Cost is obviously a factor...
I want a camera that does all the basic operations and has good picture quality. I was looking for some advice of what would be better to learn the art with???
My request is a bit 'light on' for details but I would eventually like to use this camera to film tandems etc
Any helps good help
Chris

I have an HC 30E, I was a little concerned about the size of the CCD compared to the 40 but it offered everything I wanted at a really good price.

I was a happy with the camera until someone on this Forum suggested using the EASY button. WOW what a difference.

I cannot recomend the HC30E highly enough, it is outstanding. I am now the envy of the other video flyers on the DZ.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

I don't yet have helmet, was looking at cookie's camera helmet. It can be mounted on side or top. I would be using it when I'm tutoring for RW but would also like to use it as a standard camera set up for tandems rel etc. Free fly is also not out of the question...
Are you a fan of a side mount or top mount?
Chris

Last month I had to decide between SONY's PC 109 or HC 40, because they have the same 1 mega pixel CCD.
Since I could not justify the extra CAN$250, I bought the HC40.
I am very happy with my HC 40.
The EASY switch vastly improves color and contrast.
My tandem students are buying videos as fast as I can dub them.

What do you use to fit your camera to your helmet - a box (if so which one) or an L bracket?
Theres only about $100 AUD difference between the HC40 and the PC109. I'm kinda keen on the 109 but the HC40 has firewire on the unit... very perplexing:S

Well I've decided to go for the HC40:ph34r:. Funnily enough what it all boiled down to was 'could I firewire video footage from another camera in the field' and the answer for the 109 was NO (unless you had your docking station and mains power). Considering the 40 has basically the same functions and resolution as the 109 I reckon it is the better choice as an all round skydiving camera.
Thanks to those who gave some advice. It is very much appreciated.B|