garywainwright

Digital rebel for $540?

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller7041.html

Google is great.

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.....

www.bhphotovideo.com is my favorite. Those guys are honest as the day is long, give some great advice and have pretty good pricing.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

For only $200 more they'll give you the "Made in USA" version instead of the Tiawanese one, complete with factory warrranty. But to get that price you have to buy 2 CF cards and 4 batteries. Oh, and did I mention handling fees, order processing fees, shipping fees, delivery costs, and excess fee administration fees? Those are all on top of the quoted price.

Be very careful where you order your stuff from. Some of the disreputable dealers are VERY good at separating people from their money, even when you try to get your cc company to reverse the charge.

B&H, Adorama, and KEH all have good reputations. Many other places do not.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

I am a canon dealer in houston and carry the digital rebel. I have a few left in stock (american version) with full warranty and also have the extended mack warranty. The cost on the camera is $850.00. Anything less than that and you have to start questioning why!!! If you would like one I will be more than happy to send one to you. The mack warranty is like $40.00 and that gives you 3 to 5 years extended warranty on the camera. I hope this helps you figure out pricing.

By the way, I jump with a digital rebel! They Rock!
Sincerely,

FlyingArab
www.flyingarab.com

I saw the digital rebel at profeel.com and did notice that they have an instand rebate right now. However, I recommend that you get the warranty and their warranty is $130.00 for 5 years.

774.00 + 130.00 = $904.00

Whether you pay 850.00 for the cam and 40.00 for the warranty or 750 for the cam and 150 for the warranty, the pricing is all the same in the end. you are going to spend about 900.00 for the camera and warranty. Where you go to get it does not matter as long as they have it is stock, it is the USA version, they are a canon dealer, and it is not a refurb or reshipped item.

Also, make sure that when you are ordering the memory card, you look into Kingstons 1GB card. It is awesome and if you order the right one, it comes with the laptop PCMCIA slot so that you can download to your laptop without cables. At our cost, the kingston cards are $240.00

Best of luck
Sincerely,

FlyingArab
www.flyingarab.com

Profeel http://www.profeel.com/rebel.htm is also top notch. They have the Digital Rebel for $773.80 w. free shipping.

yeap, i got mine from them (and my pc-110 too)
and i'll buy from them again when i need something.

btw, how can i tell if its the US version or not?

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."