aykay

Vid transfer

are you sure the svideo on your computer takes in? and not only out?
i guess you should use a regular tv card for your pc,that way you might be abel to get it in..if you can edit it from there i dunno...

perhaps(this is just thinking and not tested at all) you could hook up a camera like pc105 whith the video get the video in to the camera and firewire it from there to your pc..

i dunno if it could happen.... just a thourght of what i would have tryed...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

On every computer that I've seen an S-Video port, that port has only been "out". The port has been there so that you can plug a TV into your laptop instead of a monitor.

Most likely, you can not use that port to capture video, unless your PC was equipped with "video capture" capabilities.

What make/model of computer are you using?

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

It's a Centoris laptop. 1400MHz, 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM. Im not really a computer boffin and there are a whole heap of ports on this computer:S:S:S. I think one is firewire but I dont have a camera to take it from:(. Thats why i need to take it from the VCR. This things even got infra-red, god knows what i need that for??? Sorry about the vagueness I think i'm a lost cause:S.

I am fairly certain that is for output only. I have never seen an s-video capture port built into a laptop. They do make such a thing but I have only seen it on a special breakout box bundled with a video editing package.

Your best bet is to take your tape to the DZ, and bribe one of the video guys to copy the video to his camera, then to your pooter.

I'm 90% sure the S-video port on your laptop is "out" only.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.