kansasskydiver

How do you do your video editing at the dz?

I use a editing board at the dz or at home, I have a set pattern to how I video, and use the in camera special effects, comes out very nice, takes 10-12 minutes to dub, they get their video before they leave. I dont have the capability to produce DVD's yet, its on the list.......

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

They use a computer at Skydive Wichita, but used to have an editing board. In KC they use an editing board. Basically the editing board is A LOT faster because it only takes the length of the video itself to edit the whole thing, so if your videos are 8 minutes, it will take 8 minutes to edit. If you want to burn DVD's with this method you have to get one of those DVD burners that is like a VCR and can record in real time. If you want to use a computer, you can make the videos look more polished, it takes longer, and to burn a DVD from a computer takes quite a while. At Skydive Chicago they use an editing board with VCR or DVD output. The camera flyers I talked to said it works really well for them and they're videos looked awesome.

I have a computer at home and the DZ. I put extra video at the end of the video I just took of some freeflying, RW so mayby the tandem person might get interested to come back. It makes the editing longer in the render and recording process but it has brought people back. Could some one fill me in on editing bosrds? Guess I have missed info on them.
I can do DVDs but it take awhile to burn them so those would be mailed.