TALONSKY

Has anyone used a Canon Digital camcorder for skydiving?

I know that most all skydive specific things such as the camera eye 2 are for Sony products and that across the board Sony seems to be the Camcoder most used. But I find it interesting that the Sony PC105 is one megapixel while the Canon Optura 300 is 2 megapixel. The Optura is about the same size as the PC105 so I am interested to hear others experiance using other camcorders othr than Sony?Thanks
Kirk

Megapixel will only help on taking stills. If you are recording to DV then they all are the same level.

I would'nt spend any money on a higher still resolution on a DV camera, I'd put it on a 5-6 mp little digital still instead. $250 or less on those.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I have a Canon ZR45MC. It works fine for video, I even made my own box for it out of fiberglass. The only problem I had with it was the playback speaker quit working. It records sound to the tape just fine but when you playback on the camera there is no sound. Only with headphones or through a TV. Other then that it works fine and takes good video. The cam eye 2 kinda works with it. Meaning that it only works as an indicator, red and green lights, but if you try to start it recording with the cam eye, the camera shuts off. (Found that out the hard way, just about to climb out.) So, I have started jumping a Sony PC100 with no issues. Had to make another box though. (Can't pay that much for a box when I know I can make one for $20.00 and my own labor).
Hope that helps:)