BMFin

Line sets in Hornets

I was wondering has anyone noticed how quickly Hornet line-sets (spectra 825) wear out ? I have a 120 Hornet (year 2002) with 250 jumps. For a canopy that has only 250 on it the lines are pretty worn out. (not that they need changing yet but still) We changed the ends of the steeringlines yesterday ´cause they were already too hairy..

Othervise the canopy is in good condition.

BTW. I yesterday recieved my Mirage G4, wich is now with the rigger. I will try to post pics soon. B|B|

How you treat a canopy affects the life of a line set.
If you load your Hornet heavily (1.7), dump in a track and do lots of vigorous toggle turns on the way down, your Hornet may be due for a re-line after as few as 250 jumps.
Lower steering lines are usually the first to stretch/shrink out of trim. For example, Aerodyne recommends replacing steering lines every 200 jumps.

:)Ziggy

That might be true.

Actually I havent yet jumped the canopy even once. I bought it used. And Im now assembling my rig..

It could be very true that the canopy has sharp slider grommets etc.

I will check this out .. Thanks !

I've got a hornet, and very hairy lower steering lines. Mine are that way from the velcro fasteners. I need to get the velcroless ones. If they are a little hairy, I don't think this is much to worry about though..... Steve1

You already got it (mirage g4)? didn't you had the shippment date march 31st? So it was a little early :)How do you like it so far? :)

yes.. It was a few days early.

I havent yet tried how it fits me because it needs to be assembled first. It should be ready in couple of days.

A lot of small improvements in the rig. I cant wait to see how it looks after being packed.

I will post pics as soon as I get the rig home..