mbs66

Mounting a PC105

I have a standard Bonehead mindwarp and i want to mount a pc105 to it. All the accessories like the mounting bracked, chin strap and all that are quite pricey. Can anyone suggest a cheap, but safe way of mounting it... and no duck tape isnt always the answer!

Well to eliminate some cost, if you only going to use a PC-105 then you really don't need a chin cup. I have shot video on hundreds of jumps without a chin-cup. I only put one on when I started to shoot stills. As far as a mounting bracket, a L bracket will do, but check out ADI's box, http://www.arrowdynamicsinc.com/accessories.html
It's only $72 and will keep you camera protected. You'll want to get a camera condom (about $30)

Helmet $180
Camera $800
Wide Angle $130
Accessories $200

Jumping with video proof - priceless

You can make a camera condom yourself.

My mate went to a scuba dive shop and bought an old crappy thin wet suit for £5 ($10), cut it up and sewed it together into a great homemade camera condom. He got about 3 or 4 condoms out of it for him and some other camera jumpers.

His dad also has a professional workshop so he simply cut out some high-grade aluminium and bent it into an L-bracket. Its indistinguishable from a bought one but it has been made in a pro workshop so this element would depend on what equipment you have at your disposal.