volkerschuh

Bite- or tongue-switch with chin-cup?

What have you used before?

I've used hand, bite, and tongue switches. I prefer the tongue switch with a chin cup set-up. Prevents any movement that a bite switch gives to the frame while shooting.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Didn't use anything before, up to now only video mounted. My helmet looks like a bonehead, but it's a "self"-made one, a skydiver from germany who makes nice helmets. Look at http://www.skyhelmets.de/Gallery%20Auswahl.htm
They have a cutaway (if you want), the chincup has been mounted later on without problems. I heard the tongue switch has a longer life. And to prevent the movements I think it will be a tongue switch? Right?
Thank you so far, blue skies,
Volk Air

The tongue switch is sooooooo nice. No bobbing required. A fellow photographer actually bit through two of his switches. If your helmet is really tight and if your teeth are sharp, you may run into buying yourself a lot of switches.

Regardless, either setup is much better than the old hand held switches we used to use. Ain't technology great ;)
Que sera sera