skygod7777

a adhesive material that won't hurt the canopy??

what up. i have heard about this adhesive material, like zp with adhesive on it to stick to canopies temporaraly. but it doesn't hurt them at all. like it would be letters.

if anyone has heard of this, or had any experience with it, and know where to get it, please let me know.

thanks

There is adhesive ripstop tape (about 2 in. wide) that looks just like heavy rip stop material. The downside is that it doesn't stick well AT ALL to ZP, it does, however, do great things on F111...in fact, in can be used as a patch without even sewing it. Over time though, it does leave a residue on the material. In fact I'm not aware of anything you can stick on a canopy that doesn't leave some residue. Is this maybe what you're thinking of?

We've used Adhesive Sheet Dacron to make logos before...it seems to work well, but it needs to be sewn in place.

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

There is adhesive ripstop tape (about 2 in. wide) that looks just like heavy rip stop material. The downside is that it doesn't stick well AT ALL to ZP, it does, however, do great things on F111...in fact, in can be used as a patch without even sewing it. Over time though, it does leave a residue on the material. In fact I'm not aware of anything you can stick on a canopy that doesn't leave some residue. Is this maybe what you're thinking of?

no, i didn't tear my canopy or anything. if if tore my vx, i wouldn't put something that on it anyway (or any zp for that matter)

We've used Adhesive Sheet Dacron to make logos before...it seems to work well, but it needs to be sewn in place.

how long would it last without being sew in??

later

how long would it last without being sew in??

I doubt it would live through an opening...although it might, haven't tried it.

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

There is adhesive ripstop tape (about 2 in. wide) that looks just like heavy rip stop material. The downside is that it doesn't stick well AT ALL to ZP, it does, however, do great things on F111...in fact, in can be used as a patch without even sewing it. Over time though, it does leave a residue on the material.

The adhesive on F-111 Rip-stop tape is acidic to nylon fabric. Over time it will deterorate down to the strength of tissue paper. I never use it. Poynters does say that if it used (on non-approved canopies), use it as a temporary fix and sew it. For the permanant fix, remove the entire area that had the adhesive on it, and patch it.

Hook